CONSTITUTION AND RULES
Since the foundation of the club in 2023, Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC have been working at the heart of the community, in a spirit of friendship and co-operation with the common goal of building a strong, generous, vibrant community spirit for now and the future. Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC caters for all age groups and is inclusive of boys and girls. It is club policy to promote, foster and enforce equal opportunity for all of their members.
Rule 1. Name
The name of the club shall be Askeaton/Kilcornan Association Football Club, hereinafter referred to as Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC.
Rule 2 . Club Colours
The club colours shall be red and black. The official playing strip to be worn shall be red and black striped jerseys, black shorts and black socks with red and black trimmings. The 2nd strip shall consist of white jerseys with red and black trimmings. Black shorts and Black socks with red trimmings.
AFC Rule 3. Objectives of Askeaton/Kilcornan
The objectives for which the club is established are –
- To promote, foster and develop, the game of association football in the parish and the surrounding townlands.
- The club shall affiliate to the FAI and be bound by their rules, regulations and statutes.
Rule 4. Anti-Discrimination Policy for Football in Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC
- Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the game at all levels. Football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by everyone equally. Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
- Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC will promote and enforce equal opportunity for all within the organisation.
- Equality of opportunity in Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC means that in all our activities we will not discriminate in any way or treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, or disability, this includes:
1 . Advertisment for staff
- The selection of candidates for posts in the club
- Internal training and development activities
- Coaching and education activities and awards
- Football development activities
- Selection for representative teams
- Appointments to honorary positions
- Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC will not tolerate sexual or racially –based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour , whether physical or verbal , and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate disciplinary action in whatever context it occurs .
- Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC is committed to the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness in order to promote the eradication of discrimination in all its forms .
Rule 5. Protection of children.
- Askeaton AFC will operate to the FAI recommended Code of Conduct and best practice guidelines under the FAI Code of Ethics for underage soccer for players, coaches, parents and spectators.
- Any act, statement, conduct or other matter which harms a child or children or poses or may pose a risk of harm to a child or children, shall constitute behaviour which is improper and brings the game into disrepute.
Rule 6. Composition of Askeaton/Kilcornan AFC committee
- The committee shall consist of:
Club President, Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Hon. Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Hon. Secretary, Assistant Secretary, PRO, Schools Liaison Officers, Director of Coaching, Child Welfare Officer, General Committee.
- Officers of the club shall be Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Hon Treasurer, Hon. Secretary, Assistant Treasurer, PRO, Child Welfare Officer.
- To become a Club Officer, he or she must have served on the committee for a period of at least 2 consecutive years directly preceding the AGM.
- Nominations for all committee positions should be with the Hon. Secretary at least 7 days before the AGM. All nominations to be forwarded in writing.
- Nominations for all coaching and management positions, inclusive of junior, youth, schoolboys and schoolgirls should be with the Hon. Secretary at least 7 days before the AGM. All nominations to be forwarded in writing.
- Members wishing to bring any notice of motion before the club shall notify the Hon. Secretary in writing at least 7 days prior to the AGM.
- The club may appoint Hon. Life positions on the recommendation of the committee. No more than 2 appointments may be made in any season.
- Members of the committee must be subscribing members and at least 17 years of age.
- 5 members or more to form a quorum. There must be at least 2 club officers in attendance. The minutes of the previous meeting shall be read, and once accepted by proposal and secondment, signed by the chairperson or vice-chairperson.
- In the absence of the Chairperson, the vice-chairperson shall chair the meeting. In the absence of both, the meeting shall elect a Chairperson, the Chairperson shall be a club officer.
- The Chairperson shall have the right to vote on every motion and in the event of an equal number of votes being recorded, shall have the casting vote.
- To be deemed an active member he or she shall be a subscribing (paid up) member and shall attend at least one third of all meetings.
- Sub-committees must be chaired by a committee member. Sub-committees shall report their findings to the committee for approval or otherwise.
- Only subscribing (paid up) members can vote at an AGM. A member shall be defined as a paid up member.
- An extraordinary general meeting can be held, only on a signed requisition of at least two-thirds of subscribing (paid up) committee members. The requisition must be with the Hon. Secretary at least 7 days before the EGM.
Rule 7. Finance.
- Club membership fees will be recommended by the finance sub-committee
for approval by the committee.
- The incoming chairperson, Hon. Treasurer and assistant treasurer shall automatically become members of the finance sub-committee.
- To become a member of the finance sub-committee, he or she should be an active member of the committee for at least 2 years.
- Any person or persons wishing to organise fundraisers or events, internally or externally, under the auspices of the club, must communicate in writing providing full details for committee approval and otherwise.
Rule 8. Coaching and teaching.
- All coaching and teaching carried out by the club will be subject to the guidelines set out by the FAI.
- Club players ( paid up ) members will have a voice in the running of the club through their captains, who will be elected by their team/managers each year.
- All team managers, including their assistants and helpers, to be elected at the AGM. Any alterations/additions thereafter must be approved or otherwise at a meeting of committee with at least 2 officers present. Proposed alterations/additions to be with the Hon. Secretary in writing at least 7 days prior to meeting.
Rule 9. Newsletters, Posters, Adverts.
All written or printed material, to be used for sales or information purposes in relation to any aspect of the club, will be under the official Askeaton AFC letterhead and cresting.
Rule 10. Player signings and transfers.
All junior players transferring to or from another club, including those who have played or signed for another club in previous season must have at least a two-thirds majority vote of the subscribing committee for signing/transfers to take place. There must be least 2 club officers present at said meeting.
Rule 11. Alterations to Constitution
- No alterations, additions or deletions may be made to the constitution except by a two-thirds majority vote of active and paid up members present and voting an AGM or EGM.
- Proposal to alter the constitution, see rule 6N.